We have a large genealogical collection (books and microfilm) which includes individual family files, local histories, census records, Kentucky death certificates, newspapers, and the E.E. Barton collection of Northern Kentucky families.
Local Oral Histories:
A collection of seven recordings made in the summer of 1978 by the Kentucky Oral History Commission. These seven recordings contain family and community reminisces of Ambrose Fields, Earl Wallace, Nell Woolery, Elizabeth Bobb and James Seman Rule. Each session is approximately 60 minutes in length.
- Mr. Fields comments on some of his experiences as a county magistrate and county judge. Other topics include Pendleton Co. history, courthouse life, and family history.
- Mr. Wallace tells when and how the sweet clover and fescue crops were brought into the county; he gives a brief history of Falmouth, recalls stories about the McCoy properties, and also mentions the Falmouth jail and churches.
- Mrs. Woolery talks about the Bradford, Patton, Waller and Chiles families from the post Civil War era to the early 1900's and attitudes toward slaves after the Civil War.
- Mrs. Bobb remembers the Greenwood School, recalls the O.W. Coles whiskey distillery and saloon, and mentions people paying taxes by working on road repair. Other topics include housekeeping, farm life, school consolidation, transportation and local businesses.
- Mr. Rule remembers Pendleton Co. individuals and businesses, politics in Falmouth, honey and dairy farming. He recalls circuses coming to Falmouth, tobacco warehouses that used to be there, describes the streets, sidewalks, first sewers and sewer plant for Falmouth. He also talks about the railroad, Falmouth Fair and Court Day.
E.E. Barton Family Papers:
The E.E. Barton Family Papers contain family history, court case summaries, deeds, and listings of marriages for, primarily Pendleton County and some of the surrounding area.
Ancestry.com library edition:
- This service provides access to billions of historical documents, millions of historical photos, plus local narratives, oral histories, indexes and other resources in over 30,000 databases that span from the 1500s to the 2000s.
Pendleton Co. Marriage Index, 1799-1964
- Marriage information can establish religious and congregation affiliation, and other details can include age and place of birth, occupation, residences, and parents’ names. Divorce records include similar details, as well as date of divorce, children’s names, reasons for dissolution, and more.
Bracken & Pendleton Co. Atlas, 1884
- A collection of maps from these two counties. In addition to showing geographic features, many atlases feature political borders, religious statistics and financial statistics.
- The Falmouth Outlook
- The Falmouth Independent (1877 limited)
- The Pendleton Reformer (limited)
Heritage Books Archives:
- Includes the books Quaker Marriage Certificates by Gwen Boyer Bjorkman and Virginia Volume 4