September is Library Card Sign-up Month
This September, Pendleton County Public Library is joining with American Library Association and libraries nationwide for Library Card Sign-up Month. This initiative is to make sure area residents have the most important card of all - a library card.
The free card entitles a user to check out books, movies, games, audio books, magazines, ebooks, the use of library computers, online databases, and many other services.
To get a library card at the Pendleton County Public Library the only requirements are to be a resident of Kentucky and a picture ID. Parents can sign up their children that are under the age of 12.
To celebrate, all late fees will be waived for the month. Just stop by the Library or Bookmobile and ask us to waive your fines. For those patrons who have lost or damaged items on their accounts, payment is still required.
Lost, worn, or damaged cards will be replaced for free. Residents can also sign up for cards on the Bookmobile.
If you have overdue items and/or fines on your library card, here’s how it works:
- Return any overdue items between September 1 and September 30, 2017. It doesn’t matter how overdue an item might be (could be one day, could be 10+ years), no overdue fines will be charged for items returned during this time.
- Present your library card to any staff member at the Library or Bookmobile.
- Ask us to forgive any overdue fines currently on your card. We’ll forgive your overdue fines, no questions asked!
- All overdue items must be returned before any fines will be forgiven.
- Any charges for lost or damaged items will not be forgiven (we can forgive fines, but not replacement costs).
- You must ask us in person to forgive your fines (no phone calls or messages).