Powered by Overdrive, Ky Libraries Unbound offers hundreds of popular fiction and non-fiction titles. You an browse the collection, borrow with your library card, and enjoy on your computer, tablet, smartphone or eReader device.
- Browse: Instantly loads most recent holdings added to the library collection. Once you reach this section, you can use multiple drop down menus to help search for more specific items.
- DVDs: Same as Browse, but instead of books, you can see what movies are in our collection. (You will have to choose the drop down menu for Date Acquired to see the newest titles first.)
- My Account: This area lets you update your password, view items you have on loan, renew your books, and cancel reserves.
- Email Library: From here you can submit general inquiries, book requests, etc.
This database can search Auction Houses, Online Retail, and/or Online Auction Houses. There are dozens of catagories to choose from, as well as price and date ranges. You can use any or all of these options while you search.
Your search results will show you the Average Price and price range of the items it finds. You can also narrow the search by keyword or category, or start a new one.
Chilton has been a trusted authority of automotive repair for over 100 years. Now, instead of lugging around a huge book, their database is available online. You may select a vehicle by year, make, and model. Here are some of their more popular features:
- Maintenance and specification tables that provide the unique data you need for each specific vehicle.
- Step-ty-step service and repair procedures, and a labor estimating tool.
- Vacuum diagrams to simplify troubleshooting
- Wiring diagrams to help explain system operation
- Close-up photographs and illustration for visual support
- ASE test prep quizzes for the most popular certification exams
- A print button which allows you to easily print out what is needed.
- 11 car practice tests
- 8 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
- Census: Find ancestors in the complete set of U.S. Federal Census images from 1790-1940, including name indexes for many years.
- Books: Find information on people and places described in over 28,000 family and local histories.
- Revolutionary War: Search selected records from the Revolutionary War Era Pension & Bounty-land Warrant Application Files.
- Freedman's Bank: Search for individuals in the Freedman's Bank (1865-1874), which was founded to serve African Americans.
- Newly added content includes: City Directories, 1850 & 1860 Slave Schedules, U.S. Indian Census Rolls, Mortality Schedules, Agricultural and Industrial Schedules, 1890 Veterans Schedule
- Story Books - animated picture books
- Read Alongs - chapter books
- Graphic Novels
- Math Stories
- Language Learning
- Puzzles & Games
KYVL is dedicated to supplying all Kentuckians with a comprehensive and dynamic collection of information resources. They are open seven days a week, 24 hours a day. A few of the resources they offer are:
- EBSCOhost - Provides access to full-text articles in periodicals and academic journals, vooks, encyclopedias, etc.
- NoveList - Find you next book, even is you can't remember the title. Search by author, genre, story line, etc. You can get book discussion guides, recommended read lists, series information, and author readalikes.
- LearningExpress - Learn more with activities for all ages.
is a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
Techboomers provides three main services:
- Techboomers introduces users to trusted new websites and Internet-based applications through an easy-to-navigate directory and targeted emails based on their interests.
- Techboomers provides free video and article tutorials in a language suited to those who may not be the most tech-savvy. These tutorials teach the easiest and most efficient ways to use the websites, as well as how these websites can improve one's quality of life.
- Techboomers keeps its users informed of important news and information about their favourite products via on-site alerts and periodic email newsletters.
For more than a decade, the GCFLearnFree.org program has helped millions around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more, GCFLearnFree.org offers more than 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactives and games, completely free.
The world's largest stock of reliable information from newspaper titles, as well as newswires, web editions, blogs, videos, broadcast transcripts, business journals, periodicals, government documents and other publications.
A direct link to the Lexington Herald Leader. You know what paper you want to read and now we offer you a direct link to it.