Do you look exactly like your great Aunt from 35 years ago? Does your dad and cousin Phil look more like twin brothers? Then we want to see the pics. PCPL is holding an Ancestor Look - Alike Contest. Entries will be accepted February 16th - 28th. The voting will be done by the public beginning March 5 at the Pendleton County Public Library. Voting will end on March 12 at 7:00 pm.
Look-Alike Photo Contest Rules:
1. There must be at least one generation between
subjects; i.e. great-grandparent/ great-grandchild or
grandparent/ grandchild is acceptable but not parent/child.
2. Subjects can be in the same picture or in two
different pictures but no more than two pictures per entry will be accepted.
3. Subjects can be the same age in the picture/s or
4. Entries must be the relatives of the person entering the picture/s.
5. Photo may only be entered once. Example: Grandparent picture can only be entered with one grandchild.
6. Multiple entries are allowed per entrant as long as rules are followed.
7. Must submit hard copy by February 28 at 8:00 p.m. None will be accepted after the close of business on that date.
8. Pictures must be submitted in hard copy form. No electronic submissions will be
accepted. The library assumes no responsibility for damaged or lost pictures. Therefore, copies of your originals are strongly encouraged. Pictures will be returned to entrants beginning after the program on March 12. If you do not attend the program, you can pick up your pictures during library hours through the end of the month. After that, remaining pictures will be discarded.
9. Voting will be done by the public, at the Pendleton County Library beginning on March 5th, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 7:00 p.m. on March 12th, 2018.
10. Votes will be tallied and one winner will be announced. In case of a tie, a drawing will determine the winner. A gift card/ certificate will be awarded to the winner.
11. By submitting an entry, participants agree to the rules stated above. Entrants also agree that the library can use pictures entered for promotional purposes.
Come and judge for yourself who looks the most like their ancestor! Inquires or questions, please feel free to contact the Library at 859-654-8535.